Important: first read the answer to the second question in this FAQ. You will then know if your income meets the requirements for rentals. Having doubts about this or do you have (temporarily) just a little less income, check with your estate agent just to be sure. Together, your particular situation will be looked at.
If you meet the income requirements you may start your search. By using the House Finder (Woningzoeker), you can find the house of your choice. Click on the word Woningzoeker in the menu. Now you can view each apartment per floor. For more details and a floorplan click on ‘See House’. With the button ‘Add to Preferences’ you can add the property to your favourites.
Once sure you want to apply, click on the ‘Register’ button. Fill out the online form and ‘Send”. You will receive an email asking you to create a password. After this you can continue to the secure section of your application, your personal data. No entry fee is required. It’s all free of charge.
Fill in your personal data and prove your identity as asked. Then click on ‘Apply’ and continue filling out the form as required.
Have you completed the form? You can now download the required documents. This is most important as your application is not valid if any documents are missing.
Before renting an apartment, you can use the following income requirement as a guideline:
- You have a fixed gross monthly income of approximately 3.5 times the monthly rent. Holiday allowance, 13th month and fixed bonuses may be included. You’ve to be able to show prove of income.
Are you renting together? Then the following applies:
- Half of the second income can be added but must be at least 1.5 times the basic monthly rent.
- The second income can be added in full but must be at least 1.5 times the basic monthly rent. In this case, a deposit of at least 3x the monthly rent (basic rent + service costs) also applies.
A deposit is not requested by default, only in cases extra security is required. For example, if you have your own company or if you have a temporary contract. The amount of the deposit will be communicated to you before you receive the contract.
We use Ockto (www.ockto.nl) to determine your financial position. Using Ockto provides a number of benefits. Using Ockto is faster, safer and takes less time. As soon as you want to rent a property, we will send you an invitation for the Ockto check. You can then pass on your financial situation to us via the Ockto App.
Below is what we need from you for each situation. If Ockto applies, it will be described there. You only need to provide the remaining data.
The following is required from every tenant and any co-tenant:
- An Ockto check showing where you are registered and what your living history is. If Ockto cannot be used, we will request an extract from the basic registration of personal data. You can request this from the municipality (not older than 3 months).
- A statement from your current landlord / mortgage holder (not older than 3 months). This only applies to you if you are not a resident. Are you a resident? Then you do not need to submit this document.
- An Ockto check showing what your current work situation is. For example, the type of employment and your employment history. If Ockto cannot be used, we ask for an employer’s statement (not older than 3 months) and a certified copy of employment history and salary details from the UWV.
As an entrepreneur, you can prove your income with an income statement from the tax authorities for the two most recent years. You can request this form for free
via the tax telephone number +31(0)800 0543. You can also use your provisional IB from the past year. If you do not have an income statement, an accountant’s statement with annual accounts is required.
You must submit the following documents in addition to the standard documents:
- An Ockto check showing your personal income history. If the Ockto check is not possible, we ask you to prove the income with the income statement from the tax authorities. You can request this yourself by logging in with your DigiD on Mijn Belastingdienst.
- Balance sheet, profit and loss account for the most recent full financial year.
- Accountant’s statement (or income statement from the tax authorities).
- Extract from the Chamber of Commerce register (Kamer van Koophandel register).
- An Ockto check showing the pension income. If the Ockto check is not possible, we will ask for a copy of the annual pension statement / AOW. This information is available from MijnPensioenOverzicht (data + MPO pdf)
If your equity amounts to more than € 20,000 and you want to include this (partly) in the assessment, you must demonstrate this with a copy of a bank statement from a Dutch bank account.
Are you currently a property owner?
The following situations are possible for an owner-occupied home and you must upload the following documents:
The house has been sold:
- (Provisional) deed of sale.
- Annual statements from mortgage lender OR a statement of settlement.
If you keep the mortgage, the income must be sufficient to bear the mortgage costs and the rental costs:
- Bank statements showing the monthly mortgage payments.
In the event of a divorce, it is important that you can substantiate your financial position on the basis of the divorce agreement, so that we can determine whether there are sufficient financial resources to bear the rent in relation to the income.
Registration for Holland Park is free. You are free of any obligations.
Afraid not, you can only apply for a rental if you have enough income according to the income test. It is possible if you pass that test. Read the answer in this FAQ. For your information, only 2 renters may be registered at one address. Splitting the costs with a group of students isn’t possible. A deposit by a third party, for example a student’s parents, is not acceptable.
Ask your real estate agent which properties are still available in Holland Park. If you have that information and you’ve made your choice, the deal can be swiftly done.
You must rent for a minimum of one year from the starting date of your rental deal. After that you may end your rental deal per 1st of the following month. Your period of notice is then 1 whole calendar month.
Yes, there are service charges on top of the flat rental rate. In this way you pay for a part of the cost of maintaining the communal areas that you and your neighbours use. You will always receive a separate bill and a specified yearly overview of the actual costs and the sum paid by you and your neighbours as a deposit. The composition of the service costs is determined in a legal framework, from which we may not stray. For more information, see the website Rijksoverheid.nl.
As a tennant you will always know where you stand. No unforseen costs, no financial risks and you’re flexible: if you want to move, no need to sell the house. After the first year in Holland Park the notice period is just 1 month. Major maintenance isn’t your responsibilty, that’s for the owner.
Holland Park has its own parking area. It has a limited number of spaces, in a few cases coupled to a specific home. Important to know, the parking area is accessed via a parking lift not suited for SUV’s, vans and caravans. They won’t fit! A maximum length, breadth, weight and wheel load is applicable. Ask your estate agent for the particulars.
A model home has been prepared for viewing. Just contact your agent. Even if you choose an other model you’ll have an idea of the finishing of say, the kitchen and bathroom.
It’s all Duravit sanitation. Floortiles: anthracite colour, 30 x 30 cm. Walltiles: white, 25 x 33 cm. Above the tiles the finsh is white paint.
All kitchen furnishings are by Bruynzeel, outfitted with Siemens appliances.
A Duravit toilet and fountain, with Grohe tap. White walltiles to a height of 120 cm – above the tiles a white paint finish. Floortiles: 30 x 30 cm, anthracite colour.
Underfloor heating based on district heating. Sustainable and efficient. Temperatures are regulated per room. Important: choose floor coverings that are suited to underfloor heating. Be sure to take this into account when you make your choice at the supplier.
The houses are delivered bare. You have to install a floor yourself. Please note that special requirements are attached to this (including impact sound insulation).
Your rental agreement states exactly what the floor in the house you have rented must comply with. Before you can install a hard floor in your home, you must request permission from the landlord.
To prevent noise nuisance, our advice is not to walk in the house with “high” heels. Even when all requirements included in the declaration for a hard floor are met, your neighbors can still experience noise nuisance. In the event of nuisance, an inspection / check can be carried out by the landlord at any time and adjustments may be necessary as a result of this, which are at their own expense.
The connection and drain can be found in the utility room in each house.
Yes, they all have an external shed found in the basement areas of the complex.
Yes! Optical fiber is present. You can be sure of fast internet, of course this also depends on your provider.
In the terraced housing, ventilation is achieved by mechanical disposal of stale air and natural influx of fresh air.
The apartments in the high-rise contain a heat recovery unit or HRU. The influx and disposal of air is acheived mechanically.